Running a college or university entails overseeing so many aspects. From academics to funding to extracurriculars and more, keeping everything on track requires a lot of focus, so avoiding preventable and distracting problems like infestations, bacteria accumulation, and similar issues is key.
Here at AmCan, we want to help keep your facilities in tip-top shape, which is why we offer bed bug prevention for colleges and universities designed to detect, defeat, and defend against the threats posed by bed bugs, allergens, bacteria, spills, and more. Our bed bug products, such as our wholesale dorm room mattress protectors, are proven to ward off pests to ensure a safe, healthy environment for your current students and staff, as well as clean mattresses for your future students.
Learn more about how your school can use dorm room mattress covers today.
Our Dorm Room Mattress Covers Seal Out Spills, Bacteria, and Beyond
When students move into your college or university, they’ll often be away from home for the first time in their lives, so it’s essential that they feel at ease and safe in their new environment. Similarly, no one working in a space with furniture wants to encounter bed bugs or bacteria either, so keeping these spaces maintained is also important.
Since ensuring that bed bugs and other pests are kept at bay is essential, AmCan is proud to supply reliable products like dorm room mattress covers for your students. Our bed bug protection for dorms includes the following options:
- Bed bug interceptors – Early detection and ongoing monitoring are needed when trying to prevent bed bugs, and our bed bug interceptors are the perfect tool to get the job done. Our interceptors are placed under the legs of chairs, beds, and other types of furniture, and are designed to capture bed bugs, giving you an early warning for any infestation. They are also ideal for post-treatment monitoring.
- Bed bug pillow protectors – Having bed bugs enter a pillow is a true nightmare, so when you’re prepping your bed bug prevention for your college, use our pillow protectors. Our protectors are soft, breathable, and noise-free, and feature a 5-year warranty protection.
- Bed bug mattress covers – Ward off bed bugs, allergens, and bacteria with our dorm mattress protectors that feature a breathable membrane, a three-sided self-locking zipper for easy fitting, waterproof polyurethane, a dust-allergen-proof design, and more. These dorm room mattress protectors have also been used in diverse industries, including healthcare and hospitality, to prevent pests, dirt, bacteria, and spills from causing issues.
- Bed bug box spring covers – Pair our pillow protectors and dorm bed bug protectors with our box spring covers for total protection where you need it most when it comes to bed bug prevention for dorms. Our box spring covers are commercial-grade, breathable, soft, noise-free, machine washable, and more.
- Water-soluble laundry bags – Our laundry bags are designed to prevent exposure to health hazards, including bed bugs, and are ideal for anyone in your college or university who regularly works with linens, towels, and more. Our bags are environmentally friendly, easy to use, safe for washing machines, and more, so give them a look.
Why Choose AmCan for Your Bulk Dorm Room Mattress Protectors
As you can see, if you’re looking for bulk bed bug protection for dorms, AmCan is your resource! Our effective products, such as our dorm mattress protectors, will keep your facilities and dorms protected, preventing any costly mattress replacements and ongoing infestations.
We also provide excellent customer service for those needing any additional assistance in finding wholesale dorm mattress protectors that exceed your expectations.
FAQs About Wholesale Bed Bug Protection for Dorms
What exactly are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are insects that feed on the blood of animals and humans. They are also known to hide in warm crevices and can pose a threat if left untreated. That is why our team is proud to supply bulk dorm room mattress covers, pillow covers, and more to ensure that your buildings are properly protected.
What do bed bugs look like?
Bed bugs are small, flat, brown insects that range from 4 to 7 mm in length, and are visible to the naked eye. It is important to note though that once bed bugs feed, they can swell in size and turn a reddish-brown color.
How do I know if bed bugs have infested my college’s dorm rooms?
Some of the things to watch out for if you suspect your college’s dorms are infested with bed bugs include:
- Small, white eggs
- Bed bug skins left behind from shedding
- Small black dots, which are bed bug excrement
- Blood spots on your bedding and pillowcases
- A sweet, musty odor
In some cases, you will also be able to physically see the bed bugs in bedding and clothing. If you happen to notice one or more of these warning signs, follow the necessary steps to eliminate the bed bugs at the source. From there, you can then invest in more preventative measures, such as bulk bed bug protectors for mattresses and more.
Where do bed bugs mainly hide?
When ensuring bed bug protection for dorms, it is important to know where these pests usually hide. Though most commonly seen in beds and bedding, you can also find bed bugs in some of the following locations:
- Seat cushions
- Wall hangings
- Bags and luggage
- Baseboards and molding
Along with wholesale dorm room mattress protectors, how can I prevent bed bugs?
Some of the approaches we recommend for getting rid of bed bugs include the following:
- Ensuring dorms are clean and free of clutter
- Encouraging students to regularly wash their bedding and clothes
- Preventing bed bug-infested furniture from being brought into dorms
- Investing in other wholesale bed bug protection for dorms, like bed bug pillow protectors, dorm mattress protectors, and box spring covers
Have any other questions about dorm bed bug protectors and other preventative measures? If so, contact our team directly to learn more!